Nick found this guy who plays super chess. He puts two boards side by side and plays with double the number of pieces. Looks very intimidating. Nick gave it a respectable go, but lost. I ate oysters, sat in the sun, and watched the crowd.

Yar. Some very authentic looking piratey types. Carying what? Woven baskets? No doubt full of severed heads.

The streets were packed, as far as the eye could see. There were lots of people, but I have been to more crowded festivals. One the whole, I'd give this one a 7 out of 10. Weather was absolutely perfect. Oysters were too expen$ive ($8 for 5. OUCH!). Crafts were very good, and the bands were very good.

Okay, so I have no idea what a "SPAT" is, but here is the little miss one of those. Okay, so I suspect a SPAT is a stage in the lifecycle of the beloved and succulent bivalve, the oyster.

No comments:
Post a Comment