
Oh Man. There is something supremely surreal about watching your baby graduate from High School (same one her Dad graduated from, how weird is that) AND turn 18 on the same day.
I felt such a sense of relief at the end of the day. Relief that Carey Beth had turned into such a fine young woman, the graduation had gone very smoothly, and the party had gone very well.
I bought her lottery tickets for her 18th birthday, as a way of demonstrating the futility of legalized gambling that she was now old enough to partake of. Much to my dismay, she won $22 on 4 scratcher tickets.
I am so proud of all the kids. They aren't just smart, they are just good kids. Respectful, aware and heading on to the next thing.

Can you find her in the picture? Just look for the smile.

The party after the graduation well attended by cousins, friends, family, choir directors, etc.
1 comment:
Looks like Elvin can hardly wait ...
Post a Comment